The safety and well-being of our residents and associates is, and always has been, our top priority. In addition to our existing infection control and emergency preparedness programs we already have in place, we have developed a dedicated COVID-19 task force to closely monitor the latest CDC recommendations and strategies, and to assess current risk across all of our communities through ongoing communication with Regional Heath Districts, Departments of Public Health, and other regional health systems.
Maplewood Senior Living has implemented the following precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus including:
Restricted Visitors - In adherence with all state and local Executive Orders and official guidelines throughout the U.S., we are restricting outside guests from visiting our communities.
Enhanced Screening – We have implemented enhanced screening procedures for all residents, associates and essential medical providers to identify potential illness or exposure, and limit the potential risk of spreading infection.
Outings & Gatherings – Per the CDC’s recommendation, Maplewood Senior Living has canceled all large gatherings both inside and outside of the community to help protect residents and associates.
Virtual Communication and Programming – Keeping our residents engaged and connected is essential to their well-being. Additional technology has been allocated to each of our communities to support virtual communication between residents, families and health-care providers. We are also enhancing our programming utilizing online resources.
General Safety Measures – We are being even more diligent about preventative measures, which include:
- Reinforcing handwashing and infection control training for all our Maplewood associates.
- Requiring all associates and essential visitors to wear a face mask at all times while in the community
- Disinfecting high traffic areas such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets, and handrails.
- Increased cleaning of common areas such as our dining rooms, movie theaters, and activity spaces.
- Providing additional protective equipment, hand sanitizing and cleaning supplies.
- Advising Maplewood associates to limit travel and visits to communities.
For more detail regarding the virus and current recommendations, please visit the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/hcp/clinical-criteria.html.
We thank you for your cooperation in helping us to keep our communities healthy.