Through our Center for Aging Innovation & Technology, we test and evaluate new and emerging products designed to make life for our residents and their families safer, happier and healthier.
Examples of technologies that have passed the test and are now being used in our communities include:
- EverSound- wireless headphone system for residents with hearing impairment designed to promote engagement and enjoyment during group activities
- Rendever- a virtual reality platform that allows residents to travel the world (virtually), revisit familiar places, share new experiences, and experience the thrill of 360 degree video
- IN2L- an interactive person-centered engagement system utilizing touch screen technology and video-based software designed to promote socialization and cognitive stimulation
Examples of technology products under review or that we are currently testing include:
- Luna Lights- a wireless lighting and staff notification system designed to reduce or prevent nighttime falls.
- K4Connect- Smart apartment and resident engagement software
- Raizer Chair- A high tech lift chair that helps safely lift a fallen person to a standing position
- Pixie Scientific- Garment that detects early signs of a urinary tract infection allowing for early intervention
- Skynet- A real-time resident tracking system that helps keep residents with memory impairment and dementia both safe and independent